Friday, February 18, 2011

Healthy and Tasty Ranch Dressing!

Buttermilk Salad Dressing
22 Servings Prep: 10 min. + chilling

Ingredients:
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
Salad greens and vegetables of your choice

Directions
In a blender, combine the buttermilk, cottage cheese and salad dressing mix; cover and process for 20 seconds or until smooth.
Pour into a small pitcher or bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir before serving with salad. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.

Nutritional Analysis: One serving (2 tablespoons dressing) equals 23 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat-free milk.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this recipe, I will try it soon! I love ranch dressing and it will be nice to not have it so unhealthy. Thanks again, and thanks for this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may just love you FOREVER (I probably will anyway) if I try this and like it. Did you see my oh-so-sad FB post the other day about my nasty salad I brought for lunch using spray salad dressing. It was a nightmare. You can BET I'll be trying this baby out. THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We go through ranch pretty quick at our house, so I will be looking forward to giving this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim- I DID see your sad salad story...and you threw it away...and had NO LUNCH! I thought of you for sure when I saw this recipe! Hope everyone gives it a whirl at least!!

    ReplyDelete