Monday, January 10, 2011

Healthy Habits Challenge


Welcome Back!!

2011 is going to be YOUR best year, yet! This site is dedicated to getting and staying healthy. My friend's sister has started an AMAZING challenge! Visit to sign up:


Welcome everyone visiting from the "Healthy Habits Challenge"!
http://healthyhabits2011.blogspot.com/
FYI: Everyone pays $20 and the winner gets it all. HELLO?! Talk about motivation!

ON TO THE GOOD STUFF:

I'm starting Monthly challenges to help jump start a healthier lifestyle.

The January challenge:

1. Eat 4 servings of Fruits and/or veggies every day

Keep track on a calendar or food journal daily. Veggies are full of fiber and "bulk" which fills you up faster, making you less hungry, allowing you to eat less! (Without being hungry)


2. Write out an Exercise plan (For 2 weeks)

This will only take a few minutes. PUT IT ON PAPER! The recommendations for weight loss are to exercise (cardio) for at least 25-30 minutes 5 times a week. Get a buddy if you need someone to hold you accountable. (Walk the mall, I even saw ladies walking the outer aisles of walmart the other morning!) Remember to make it work for your schedule and what's available to you!

Here's a small sample:

Mon:Workout video Tues:Walk the mall/store Wed:Rest Thurs:Exercise Class Fri:Video Sat: Walk Outside

My favorite!!

Mon: Run @noon (too cold otherwise!) Tues: Spin class Wed: Spin Class Thurs: Rest Fri: Power Pump class Sat: Treadmill/elliptical

If you have an awesome workout you LOVE, please post for others!! Good luck! Don't forget to Report back how well you did on your challenges Tues, Feb. 1!!

I am SOOOO excited! Can't wait to hear how everyone did!
-Lacee

2 comments:

  1. Ok, this is just what I needed! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this is cool! I LOVE exercise too! My gym as bodyjam and that is a great class that has joined my weekly workouts. I'll have to check this bloggy out more often. I loved your comment on our blog because I could completely hear your voice in it!

    ReplyDelete