Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Is anyone OUT THERE!! and spinning!

COMMENTS!!

Hey everyone...I KNOW you are there!! I have some confessions. First, I overuse the exclamation point!! SECOND, I've been really losing steam for this blog. Jalaine and I just keep asking ourselves, "Is anyone even reading it? Is anyone getting ANYTHING from it? Are people actually DOING the exercises?"

Then, I was looking at a friends blog and clicked on one of HER friends. Her friend had THIS BLOG on HER blog! WAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
People might not be reading it, but at least it's listed on their blogs in case they ever want to!

So, pa-leeeeease drop a little comment to let use know you are there.

On to the Good Stuff!

Yuuuuuck to winter!

Let's face it, Utah winters are not ideal for outdoor exercising. It's Fa-reeezing and/or dark! My favorite winter exercise is spinning. Inside, usually 45 minutes, great music, and an AWESOME workout! Spinning is best for toning your front and outer thigh muscles, not so great for the glutes and hamstrings, so you will want to do some other lower body workouts as well. But spinning classes are a great addition to your cardio routine, offering less impact and stress than jogging or treadmill workouts.
I've been spinning for 4 years, and I LOOOOOVE it. It's an awesome way to cross train, workout through knee and hip injuries. Check your local gym or you can purchase your own spin bike for around $400.
More awesome tips to come!

9 comments:

  1. I'm here! I read your blog faithfully, but am too lazy to do your exercises. :) I am in a new, uh, sorta weight loss club (The Fattest Fatties :D) trying to eat healthier and exercise. So, here's my question for you... How does a full-time working mother of 2 find time to exercise? I've been trying for a week to get back in gear but unless I get up at the crack of dawn (which I just don't know if I can do) I can't figure out a way to balance: kids, spouse, house, meals, job, AND a workout! Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here girls! I love every post you do. I have been doing a lot of the toning and have started making changes in my diet (cause that starts to become important when you are working so hard!) I made up a mini salad bar that I can pull out of my fridge and that is what I have been replacing meals with.

    I have been telling my running partner about some of the workouts too! Not losing a lot of weight yet, but losing inches! Yay! We are running 3+ miles 4 days a week. Dreading the winter running, but my sister assures me we can do it. If not, it is good to know there are things to do inside.

    As a mom of 5 kids and working fulltime, getting up early (4:30) to work out seemed so hard, but now I would not have it any other way. Love the way it helps me feel mentally and physically all day long.

    Thanks Lacee and Jalaine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND...since I have been doing the triangle pose, I am not only noticing the love handles disappearing, the flab on the back of my arms is firming up too. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also here! I do the plank exercises and the tricep workout. I tried spinning last week with my personal trainer but I was still not feeling 100% so it kicked my but and I quit after 15 min. I hope I learn it more, I might actually perchase one. Love the breakfast burrito still and I also purchased a big ball to do the plank exercise on. Thanks you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm here too and I love the tips. I pick and choose what I use but they all teach me something. I'm so glad that Jalaine posted the breaksfast burrito as she has showed me how to do it before and I had forgotten. So, yes, I agree that early mornings are the best time for most of us busy mommies to get the exercise in. My children are early birds and I cannot function after 9PM- so that is what works for me.

    Lacee- I need the times you teach spinning again! I only live up the street from the HS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I read your blog every chance I get. I still need to work on getting a consistent routine, but I appreciate all of the advice and workout tips. It is a great reminder to me each time I check this blog to get off my butt and do something:)
    I really appreciate the pictures that go along with your tips because I am a visual learner. Keep it up girls, your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I know lots of my family members read your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog and the energy you girls have...I need some of your energy!! lol Thanks for posting the tips for working out legs, I have been trying them out, I need to get more consistent though. You gals are great thanks for all the work you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I shared your blog on Facebook the first time I read it and I know at least one of my friends reads it too! Please keep posting, you're really motivating me to keep at losing this baby weight! I use exclamation points a ton too! I love this blog.

    ReplyDelete