Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Recipe for dinner...Tonight!

I don't know if you've seen Julie and Julia but I thought this looked so good when they were eating it, so I found the recipe. It's yummy and healthy, what's better!!! Jalaine

Bruschetta with Tomatoes and Basil

Bruschetta with Tomatoes and Basil1 loaf (8 ounces) Italian bread
1 clove large garlic, cut in half
1 1/4 pounds (8 medium) ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, slice bread diagonally into scant 1/2-inch-thick slices; reserve ends for making bread crumbs another day. Place bread slices on 2 cookie sheets. Toast bread on 2 oven racks 15 minutes or until crusty and dry, turning slices over once and rotating cookie sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking. Transfer bread to wire racks to cool slightly. When bread is cool enough to handle, rub 1 side of each toast slice with cut side of garlic. Discard garlic. Meanwhile, in small bowl, gently toss tomatoes, basil, oil, salt, and pepper until combined. To serve, spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of tomato mixture on garlic-rubbed side of each toast slice.

7 comments:

  1. My husband and I both love bruschetta! Thanks for posting, I will have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! And I have soooooo many tomatoes from the garden too.

    Also, is there a way to post your labels on the side so I can search your blog more easily instead of scrolling through all of the older posts to find my favorite recipes and exercises?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, I have NO idea. If anyone out there knows how to make my blog easier to access, Pa-LEASE let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I figured it out!

    1. Click on "Design"
    2. Click on "Add a Gadget"
    3. Scroll down and toward bottom add "Labels"
    4. Make sure to save

    And if you click on labels, there are all sorts of cool ways to organize it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin, THANK YOU!!! You are a miracle worker! (and the best roomie in the world!) Do you like the new set-up?? I think it's much easier to navigate. Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it lots lots! So cool! I miss you. Keep blogging. And I'm sure we can get together between the holidays with the other foomies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lacee - hi there!! you found my blog from "or so she says" and told me about this one - it's fabulous!! i will definitely be bookmarking it. thanks for letting me know about it - yay!!

    we just moved to colorado from arizona in july - so ... i have no clue how to exercise in the winter / snow. i'm so used to being outside. any ideas? i have a treadmill in the basement, some hand weights, resistance bands ... etc ...

    ReplyDelete